Positive User Experience (UX), whereby users enjoy an intuitive and engaging interaction with your website, has always been one of the key factors for long-term digital success.
However, UX has recently taken on even greater importance; with Google announcing that user experience is about to become an official ranking factor. As part of this initiative, Google introduced Core Web Vitals, a subset of factors that serve to quantify a webpage’s UX and constitute an important part of your overall UX score.
The facets of UX included in Core Web Vitals are expected to evolve over time, yet currently include three speed and user interaction metrics:
- Largest Contentful Paint (LCP)
Measures page loading performance; how long it takes for users to view most of the content. A good UX score requires LCP to occur within 2.5 seconds from when the page first starts loading.
- First Input Delay (FID)
Measures a page’s interactivity; how long it takes users to be able to do something on a page. A good UX score requires an FID of 100 milliseconds or less.
- Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS)
Measures the page’s visual stability; how stable the elements that constitute the page are during loading, providing users with immediate orientation. A good UX score requires pages to maintain a CLS of 0.1 or less.
While the Core Web Vitals initiative aims at improving the reality of both publishers and users, it poses publishers with some major challenges, including:
- Chrome currently blocks ads that are too ‘heavy.’ This can reduce revenue by up to 70%!
- Finding out how many ads appear on the web.
- Substantially speeding-up a player’s loading time.
- Comparing content quantity to the ads.
Viewdeos takes care of your site. Matching the player and the technology to Google’s top 3 metrics; we significantly upgrade the site’s ranking and increase revenues, while respecting your users and delivering the ultimate experience:
1. Delivering multi-device video compatibility – our technology, including a versatile video player and content, are all optimized per device. This maximizes all monetization opportunities, delivering an optimal viewing experience that includes smooth cross-device use, perfect video aspect ratio, less than 30ms global latency, and 99.9% uptime.
2. Matching internet speed to file – using HLS technology, content is loaded progressively. Consequently, the user can start viewing the initial content without having to wait for the entire file to load, expediting the upload process and optimizing UX.
3. Keeping uploaded video files up to 4 GB – HLS technology also enables to automatically adapt the content bitrate to the user’s device and connection bandwidth while preserving content quality. Users always get the best quality and smallest file size.
4. Placing less ads than content – content is king and ads fuel it; not the other way around. Therefore, we make sure that the sum duration of video content always exceeds the sum duration of video ads.
For further information regarding our Core Web Vitals solutions, please contact our team.
Looking forward to forming new partnerships!